In 1901 W.H.S. Wood, a Howell postmaster and Township Supervisor, wrote to Andrew Carnegie seeking funds to build a library. Mr. Carnegie donated $10,000 for a library building if the village or township would pledge to support and provide a suitable site. The building was designed by the Detroit architectural firm of Malcomson and Higginbotham. The opening ceremony took place on November 19, 1906.
© Rick Everly Photography